* * Until further notice, all Wildlife Education Programs will be offered virtually. * *
Wildlife Education Programs
The West Sound Wildlife Shelter provides live animal education programs which focus on species natural history, wildlife conservation, and coexisting with wildlife. We are excited to announce that our Education Program is now offering virtual wildlife education programs to help meet the needs of virtual learning communities. We have several program themes available and can customize our programming to fit your needs. Our flexible scheduling and programming will compliment any class or event. We have scholarships available for Bainbridge Island educators, homeschool groups, scout troops, and non-profit organizations. Book your program today!
Available program themes:
- Owl Adaptations: This program will focus on the unique physical adaptations of owls and how those adaptations aid in survival.
- Pacific Northwest Raptors: This program will discuss the physical attributes of raptors and cover natural history aspects of some Pacific Northwest raptor species.
- Ecosystem Explorers: This program will discuss food web relationships and the importance of prey and predator species.
- Reading with Raptors: In this program, our educators will read a children’s book with the assistance of an educational ambassador.
To request a Wildlife Education Program, please fill out the google Booking Form below.
Thanks to generous funding from the Bainbridge Island Community Foundation, we are able to offer several scholarships to Bainbridge Island educators.
Weekly Wildlife Walks
We are now offering weekly wildlife walks every Saturday! You can now come to our facility and meet some of our Educational Ambassadors up close and personal! Our wildlife walks will be guided by one of our naturalists, and you will have the opportunity to meet our wildlife educators and Education Ambassadors. The wildlife walks are about 45 minutes in duration and will cover important topics in species natural history, wildlife conservation, and coexisting with wildlife.
Walks will be limited to family groups only, and attendees will be required to wear a mask and maintain appropriate social distancing measures. We will be offering our wildlife walks free of charge, but donations are always welcome! In the case of inclement weather, walks may be rescheduled to the next available date. To schedule your wildlife walk, please call 206-855-9057.